County Arcade, Briggate

18th July 1935. View shows the Briggate entrance and facade of the County Arcade, built as part of the Leeds Estates Company redevelopment of the east side of Briggate 1898-1900. It was designed by Frank Matcham, architect of the London Palladium. There is a sign for Lyons Cafe occupying two upper floors. At numbers 95 to 108, either side of arcade, is Smith Bros. drapers. This arcade now forms the nucleus of the Victoria Quarter, which includes the prestigious Harvey Nichols store.

About this image

Subject ID: 2002319_80176944
Creator / Copyright: Leeds City Engineers Department / Leeds Library & Information Services
View on Leodis.net

Memories