4th November 1955. View shows the Shaftesbury Cinema on York Road by the junction with Harehills Lane, where shops can be seen on the right. The cinema was in the Art Deco style and opened on 20th October 1928, the first film being "Beau Geste", while The Black Dyke Band performed on stage. A ballroom opened on 12th February 1929. The cinema closed on 28th June 1975 with the films "Death Wish" and "Bad Company" and the building was partially demolished though the frontage remained.
The shop with the canopy was called Stephenson`s also there was a bike shop at the very end of that parade