1967. North side of New Briggate approaching North street. Built in 1901 this row of half timbered shops were demolished in 1967 for the construction of the Inner Ring Road. The view shows a parade of shops including, the National Cash Register Company, Brill, Judsons which advertises a demolition sale, a cafe and the Midland Bank.
During the 1950's the Cafe was a Craven Dairies Cafe