Angel Inn Yard

1st March 1907. View of Angel Inn Yard which ran between Briggate and Lands Lane. The Inn dates from the late 18th century and was thought to have undergone alterations in the late nineteenth century. It closed as an inn in 1903. It was then used as business premises. Now listed, it is described as the 'oldest purpose built inn building surviving in yards off Briggate.' In the year 2000 the building was converted back to the Angel Inn by Samuel Smith's of Tadcaster, it is still a very popular city centre pub.

About this image

Subject ID: 200275_14367312
Creator / Copyright: Leeds City Engineers Department / Leeds Library & Information Services
View on Leodis.net

Memories

This is now being used as a public house once again and it is a wonderful place to visit. It serves wonderful food during the day and the staff are very cheery!
J. Galloway