White Hart Inn, Briggate
c. 1890 The White Hart Inn was situated in the White Hart Yard off Briggate. In this view, a man in formal dress and a bowler hat leans against the wooden door frame. A large ornate lamp illuminates the entrance. Between the first floor windows is a sign bearing the name Albert Edward Scholes Landlord. On the right, two men and a boy stand in the doorway of an adjoining building. Barrels can be seen in the yard. The yard and inn were demolished to make way for the County Arcade which was built between 1898 and 1903.