Bull and Mouth Hotel, no.138 Briggate

Undated. View of the Bull and Mouth Hotel at number 138 Briggate. This was first used as a centre for heavy baggage wagons and became a coaching inn in 1800, soon becoming one of the busiest coaching inns in Leeds. In 1903 it became the Grand Central Hotel, and in 1921 the name was changed again to the Victory Hotel. It closed in 1939. Photograph by Wormald of Leeds.

About this image

Subject ID: 2004216_9006899
Creator / Copyright: Wormald / Leeds Library & Information Services
View on Leodis.net

Memories