Compton Road and Stanley Road

19th September 1935.Corner of Compton Road and Stanley Road. No 2 Stanley Road is a corner shop, proprietor Arthur Smith, grocer. An advert for Ind Coope is painted on the side of the building. Along Compton Road are Howard Binks, hairdresser; Compton Fisheries; Arthur Pullan Newsagent and others not identifiable. Road is paved with sets and tramlines are visible.

About this image

Subject ID: 602
Creator / Copyright: Leeds City Engineers' Department / Leeds Library & Information Services
View on Leodis.net

Memories

The corner shop is now an off license and the junction is a mini-roundabout. The buildings on the far right after the yard area are no longer standing.
Jasco