Chapel Allerton Recreation Ground, Bulb Display

May 1937. View of Chapel Allerton Recreation Ground where several children can be seen looking at the bulb displays on either side of the path. The bandstand is visible in the background. Chapel Allerton Recreation Ground was purchased by Leeds Corporation in 1897 and opened to the public as a park in 1900. This image was digitised as part of the ‘Future Prospects of Urban Parks’ project, conducted by the University of Leeds in partnership with Leeds City Council, supported by the Arts and Humanities Research Council (grant number: AH/N001788/1)

About this image

Subject ID: 2017329_176011
Creator / Copyright: Leeds Parks and Countryside / Leeds Library & Information Services
View on Leodis.net

Memories