Woodhouse Moor

Undated, Woodhouse Moor looking towards Leeds in the early 1900s. Leeds Corporation bought Woodhouse Moor for £3000 in 1885. Where it had been an intended common previously, it was laid out as a recreational area with public subscriptions funding a fountain bandstand and eventually a cricket ground, aviary, gymnasium and bowling green. Children in the foreground are enjoying the open space.

About this image

Subject ID: 2003218_99700565
Creator / Copyright: Franks / Leeds Library & Information Services
View on Leodis.net

Memories