Bradford Road, Ambler's Mill
c1920s. View of Ambler's Mill situated on Bradford Road by the junction with New Lane (Plate Road), seen leading off to the right. The firm of Thomas Ambler & Sons Ltd., worsted spinners, was founded in Bradford in 1858. They built this mill in East Ardsley, known as the New Mill, in 1912-13, chosen due to its proximity to a coal supply and plentiful labour.
This is now Country Baskets. The stone steps inside bear evidence of wear caused by thousands of feet over many many years. In the 60's the workforce changed as immigrants from Pakistan came and took up employment there.