River Aire, Bank Mills
28 September 1999 View of Bank Mills on the River Aire now opposite the Royal Armouries. The Mills were built between 1824/1856. A fire in 1824 had destroyed original mills on this site and new mills were erected to the designs of John Clark of Edinburgh. Part of the mills were purchased by Robert Mart and Co in 1882 for £9,500, the rest being acquired in 1898 for £5,500. The company still flourishes as makers of packaging and contract printing.