Kirkgate, York Street, Phoenix Inn, Public House
Undated, View shows the Phoenix Inn at number 46a Kirkgate. The junction with York Street can be seen on the right. The Phoenix Inn opened in the early 1830s with Henry Hord as the landlord. The public house was demolished around 1866 to make way for the railway bridge which crossed Kirkgate at this point.