The Headrow nos. 147 - 155 Athenaeum House
1st January 1950. The South-West side of The Headrow showing Athenaeum House, number 147 Dunlop and Ranken Ltd. engineers, 151 Ellons Duplicator Co. Ltd., 153 empty, 155 T. Hamblin Ltd. opticians. A man stands in front with a measuring stick. During the early 1900s this part of The Headrow was still part of Park Lane. This building held No.9 Park Lane and held the office of the Leeds Committee of the National Society for Women's Suffrage founded in 1871. The society was later re-founded as the Leeds Women's Suffrage Society in 1913. They joined the National Union of Women's Suffrage Societies in 1898. Isabella and Bessie Ford helped to form the society in 1890 with Bessie as treasurer and Mrs Rose E. Thornton as the hon. sec.